To All PSPs & District VPs – I regret to inform you that due to the continued concerns arising from the Corona Virus situation, the Convention Committee, with input from the Executive and Judiciary Committees, has decided to cancel the Fall Convention. It is felt that without some type of Modified Phase 4 or a move into Phase 5 at this time, we cannot safely conduct the Fall State Convention.
We are not alone in this decision, as I have been informed that other states have also cancelled their Fall Conventions prior to us.
We felt it imperative to make this decision now, prior to the onset of District Meetings beginning this weekend, so as not to send out mixed messages throughout the month of August as meetings are scheduled for all four weekends of the month.
The Newsette deadline has also been extended by one month, to August 20, with the next issue to be mailed in September so as to also reflect the cancellation of the Convention.
District VPs – Please notify your respective Lodges of this news and that any previously submitted reservation monies will be returned or refunded by Floyd as soon as possible.
I am sorry that I have to convey this news, but the health and safety of all IEA members is our most important concern at this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact/call me. Thanks for your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times. Hoping to see all of you in January in Springfield!!!!!