- This years tournament will be held at Green Hills Country Club in Mt. Vernon, IL. 3800 E. Fairfield Rd. (618) 244-3961
- Days of play are July 26 and 27. Practice round tee times are available on Thursday scheduling for times should be done through the pro shop.
- The entry deadline for the tournament is Monday, July 15, 2019
- Registration forms should be returned to Mt. Vernon Lodge #819, prior to the deadline. Please send forms to Mt. Vernon Elks Lodge #819, Attn. State Golf Registration, 1107 Jordan St., Mt. Vernon, IL. 62864.
- Format is a 4 person shot gun start on both Friday and Saturday.
- Contests on the course will be, closest to the pin and hole in one, on all par threes. There will be a charity hole, allowing you to donate to CCC, you will be allowed to move the teeing area up on a par 5 hole
- The tournament will not be cancelled due to weather, unless the course has been closed by the course staff. Thunder and lighting will require a pause in play and players to leave the course. There will not be a rain date.
- You should arrive at the course at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled tee time.
- We will have tables set up for purchasing tickets for the par 3 holes and 50/50 tickets.
- Directions to the golf course: From I-57 and IL Rt 15, proceed east on 15 to East Fairfield Rd. turn to left and continue on road about 4 miles, Green Hills will be on the right.
2019 Illinois Elks Association State Golf Tournament Housing Information
All hotels are near the intersection of I-57 and I-64 and Illinois Rt. 15
A block of 50 rooms has been reserved. Drury Inn and Suites 618-246-5201 145 N. 44th St. $85 per night Reservations should be made by June 23, 2019 www.druryhotels.com or 1-800-325-0720 Please use group # 2363792
These hotels listed are all in close proximity to each other they are not blocked
- Fairfield Inn 618-244-2300 217 Potomac Blvd $104 standard room
- Hampton Inn 618-244-2323 221 Potomac Blvd $99 standard room
- Double Tree 618-244-7100 222 Potomac Blvd $99-109 standard room
- Holiday Inn Express 618-242-6710 300 Potomac Blvd $94 standard room
Mount Vernon has an abundance of hotels so hopefully booking a room will not be an issue.
Thursday, July 25
Contact Green Hills Pro shop (618) 244-3961 for scheduling a practice round tee time. A tee time is required.
Friday, July 26
Senior Men (50+) and Ladies (all ages)
Senior Men Divisions: Young (50-56), Mid (57-63), Seniors (64-70), Super (71+)
Age based on tournament date, Individual Awards for each division
Saturday, July 27
Elk Members Tournament
Lodge Team Competition and Individual Competition. All members are welcome — men and women regardless of age
$70 per day, 18 hole stroke play
Includes golf, cart, gift, prize pool, and free lunch
Monday, July 15, 2019. Confirmation mailed to primary contact. No rain dates
Net scores will be calculated using “USGA Modified Peoria Handicap System”
Kent Fair (618) 237-0737
Dave Bowling (815) 351-0412